Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Time for Tea

Maybe it's because it's the middle of the week, or maybe it's because it's cloudy and soon to be raining outside, but I have to admit, I'm feeling a bit 'blah' today. Well, as my mother always says, "There's nothing that a cup of tea can't fix"! In that spirit, I would like to share with you some of my favorite teas! 
There are many different varieties of tea in the world, and many ways to drink them. To keep things simple, I'm going to be focusing exclusively on David's Tea (a Canadian tea company that started in 2008) in this post. David's Tea classifies tea into the following categories:

*White Tea          *Green Tea

*Oolong Tea        *Black Tea

*Pu'erh               *Maté

*Rooibos             *Herbal 

I have a fairly extensive collection of David's Tea in my cupboards, which I got as a Christmas gift and have been thoroughly enjoying. I particularly enjoy being able to see all of the ingredients in the loose leaf packages that make the flavors so tasty. My current favorites are Love Tea #7 (Black Tea), Three Wishes (Black Tea), Genmaicha (Green Tea), Toasted Walnut (Green Tea), and Forever Nuts (Herbal). 
Each tea has it's own distinct flavor, and all taste delicious even without sugar! If I'm in the mood for something sweet and rich, I tend to go for either Love Tea #7 (which has chocolate it in!), or Three Wishes. If I want something sweet but more refreshing, I would suggest either Toasted Walnut (which tastes like a tropical vacation to me!), or Forever Nuts (which is caffeine free!). Every now and then, I crave something more mild, and Genmaicha perfectly fits the bill! It's made from roasted grains of brown rice and has a sweet, yet earthy taste. 

One of the best parts about tea, is that it tastes good when it's served hot, as well as when it's served cold! As summer approaches, I know I'm certainly looking forward to making some refreshing homemade iced teas! 
Happy tea drinking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment