Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Top 10 posts from 2015

I started Sweet Pea Afternoon Tea back in April 2015, and it has been quite an incredible experience so far! I am still very much in the early phase of working as a blogger and consultant, but I have been enjoying every step forward. As a way of celebrating the new year, I've compiled a list of my top 10 favorite blog posts from 2015. Even though I only had to sift through nine months worth of articles, it was really quite tough because so many great things happened last year! I got engaged, we moved into a new apartment, got married, and got our dog Rocky, just to name a few! 

Without further adieu, here is the list, in chronological order from oldest to newest! Enjoy!
*Note: Click on the title of each article for a link to the post!

1. Mother's Day Gift Ideas


I was fortunate enough to have my mum visit us in Ottawa for Mother's Day, so I had to include this one! I love shopping for women, but my mum is by far my favorite person to shop for (sorry boys, but I don't think this will come as that big of a surprise!). I really enjoyed putting together this post and coming up with a variety of gift ideas to suit different styles and budgets. 






Obviously, none of you will be surprised to see that my engagement announcement is on the list! Even though it wasn't a complete surprise since we had discussed marriage prior to the big proposal, I was still so shocked and excited when Ryan got down on one knee and pulled out the ring!

I am so happy that I was able to have documented the whole thing not long after it all happened, because I know in the years to come it will be harder and harder to remember the details. 




So I included this one because of two reasons...the first being that I really love the two outfits I put together, and the second being that I am currently craving hot summer days now that winter has finally arrived and I have had to wear leggings under my jeans just to stay remotely warm! I know, I'm a big baby and it's not even that cold!



I should really clarify that I did not go to South Africa in 2015, I went in 2013. I did however, finally get around to documenting my trip in 2015, and I am so glad that I did! Volunteering was such an amazing and challenging experience, and I would definitely recommend that everyone try it at least once in their lives. It doesn't have to be half way across the world, but giving your time and putting your energy into helping others is one of the most amazing things we can do as human beings.




Needless to say, this past year has included plenty of wedding planning! I'll be completely honest, I was a bit hesitant about it at first, but I have really come around and have been thoroughly enjoying all of the planning and wedding activities! For this post, I had a great time researching dresses and discussing different looks and body issues with my mum and her friends. 





I think it goes without saying that by far, one of the best moments from 2015 was getting married to Ryan!

 
We had a beautiful little civil service ceremony at the courthouse, followed by a delicious lunch at The Lord Elgin. 
I am so happy to be married to my best friend! I love you so much and you make every day special!


Next up, I've included my first article featuring the latest addition to our little family, Rocky! 

Ryan and I have always wanted a dog, but we hadn't planned on getting one until we had a house with a big back yard. 
Those plans changed in the fall, when we saw Rocky on the SPCA website, and quickly fell in love! He's a 3 and a half year old German Shepard/Husky and we love him so much! 



If I had to pick one word to sum up the year 2015 for me, it would definitely be "Love". Aside from getting married, love has played such a major part in my life this year. It reveals itself every day that I spend with Ryan, as well as the love that we both share for our dog Rocky. 2015 also marked a year full of the love of our friends and family, who have showered (bridal shower post, get it? I crack myself up!) us with so much support and generosity! We are truly grateful! 


This was so much fun! The photographs turned out beautifully, and we are so thankful to now have such excellent quality photographs to capture this time in our lives. We have a few of them framed and on display in our apartment!



Last but not least, I've included the article I wrote about my experience at David's Bridal for my bridal consultation. Since this past year has been all about love for me, I thought it would be fitting to cap off this list with a wedding related article! 

I had a really great experience at my bridal consultation, and after two visits, have finally found my perfect dress! Even if you don't end up finding your dream dress, I would highly recommend that every bride-to-be go for a professional bridal consultation!

No comments:

Post a Comment